Why do we use guardian homes?
We love all of our dogs. We want to snuggle them, play with them, and get to know their personalities as we enjoy their company. In a perfect world, there would be no such thing as too many dogs! However, while that may be true for us, having all the dogs in our home is not always what is best for our dogs.
The guardian program allows each of our dogs to receive all the personalized love, attention and care they deserve. It gives our dogs the best lives possible—years to spend with families who love and adore them as the family’s number one pet priority. It keeps our dogs out of kennels, and allows them to be pets first and foremost. They have two families looking out for their best interests — their forever family and us. The guardian home program is fulfilling for the guardian family, the dog, and us, and it gives everyone peace of mind knowing our dogs are in the best possible situation they could be in.
What are the requirements of a family interested in being a guardian home?
Our guardian homes must meet the following requirements:
- Live within 1 hour of zip code 44021
- Be a homeowner at your residence
- Have previous puppy experience
- Have a fence suitable for keeping puppies in the yard and other animals out (above ground, not underground). To us, a secure fence means a dog cannot walk/crawl/dig under it, through it, climb it or jump over.
- Be able and willing to potty & obedience train
- Be willing to continue with our program of prey model raw feeding. But don’t worry! You can purchase ready to feed raw, online, that comes frozen in containers.
- Fully commit to caring for a Guardian Dog, even if the dog gets injured or becomes ill.
- Be responsible for all costs not related to breeding, including veterinary costs.
What are the advantages for the guardian family?
- Pick of the litter puppy, at no upfront charge.
- Free puppy sitting (within reason) when guardian family occasionally needs to go out of town.*
- Breeder pays for professional groom and photo shoot at one year of age.
- Breeder pays for spay or neuter at end of contract.
- Breeder pays for all breeding related vet expenses and health testing.
- Breeder support for the life of the guardian dog.
* We can only accept ONE guardian dog at a time for puppy sitting. Please contact us beforehand.